Are you a CEO, founder, or tech entrepreneur looking to hire a dedicated backend development team? Currently, there are over 20 million developers to pick from. However, finding a backend developer for your project is not easy. But what if we told you that there’s an easier way around the problem with Broscorp’s team of highly skilled back-end developers?
In this guide, you’ll learn the following:
- What is back-end development?
- Who is a backend developer?
- Essential skills a back-end developer must have
- Back-end developer responsibilities
- How to hire a dedicated backend engineer: a step-by-step guide
- How to find back end development team?
At Broscorp, we understand that every project has its own specific needs, which is why we compiled this guide to help you hire backend developer teams for your special project.
What is Back-End Development and Who is a Back-End Developer
In a nutshell, back-end development is the set of processes associated with building software programs from scratch and making these applications fully functional so that users can access them over the Internet or other networks.
An application’s back end, also known as its server side, is responsible for custom data processing and storage. It also handles user authentication and other security measures. Any software application will have one or more back-end systems that help make it functional for users by managing data input, processing output, storing files, etc.
Back-end developers are the people responsible for breathing life into web and mobile application features and maintaining the software architecture of an application. They also work with databases, user authentication, APIs, and other core functions to manage the data and logic that drives the program.
After all, a back-end developer is a person who is responsible for creating and maintaining the technology and provides all features that are shown on the user interface to perform their intended functions. The code created by a back-end developer allows everything that a front-end developer created to work rightly.
Back-end development is a fairly technical field that requires a lot of skill and experience if you’re going to get it right.
What is a Dedicated Backend Development Team?
A dedicated backend development team is a workforce of developers working for a custom software development agency with the sole aim of helping companies create server-side APIs, features, and functionalities using specific technical stacks.
Users don’t directly see codes written by the backend developers team. Nevertheless, they create the system itself to perform requisite tasks.
When Should you Hire a Backend Development Team?
A backend development team model is the most reasonable way to build a scalable, complex, and tech long-term project. It would be best if you considered this hiring model for the following causes.
Hiring Reason 1. Large Pool Of Talents
When you leverage offshore backend development, finding the right person is much easier than using a team from within your company. Particularly if you’re working on a project that requires a specific backend language, stack and skills. You can easily outsource such talent from a dedicated backend team.
Hiring Reason 2. Cost-Effective
You can get a more cost-effective team when you outsource your project than hiring individual backend developers in-house. With an outsourced backend development team, you can hire talented developers at a favourable price and still retain their services for future projects.
Essential Skills A Back-End Development Team Must Have
In most cases, a back-end developer must have a solid computer science foundation and the coding skills to create complex algorithms. They also need to have excellent communication skills, especially when it comes to working with front-end developers who may or may not have a rock-solid technical background in back-end development.
With that in mind, here are the skills to look for before hiring a back-end development team for your project:
- In-depth applied knowledge of backend programming languages – such as Java. Java is the most popular high-level object-oriented programming language and is used to build mobile apps, web-based and cloud-based applications, loT solutions, and of course, Big Data technology. Experience with data security and compliance GDPR. A back-end developer must be able to identify potential security breaches and how to seal them off.
- Skilled expertise in big data technologies – Back-end developers are the backbone of pretty much every software solution, especially those that run on big data. As such, they must be familiar with big data technologies such as Apache Storm, Apache Spark, and Apache Flink) and Cloud Providers (like AWS, Azure, and GCP).
- Knowledge in working and configuring databases and managing servers (e.g., SQL, MySQL, and Oracle) – Understanding how to model data and how to structure data for better performance is a must-have for any back-end developer. PostgreSQL is a great option for companies looking to hire engineers with a SQL background. Mysql and MSSQL are great options for engineers who want to work with a more widely adopted language.
But being a successful back-end development team requires more than just a solid knowledge of programming languages. Backend developers work with other engineers, designers, product owners, and more. They must be able to break down complex problems and explain their solutions in a way that everyone can understand.
Back-End Developer Responsibilities
Analyzing, designing, and building highly scalable, robust, and maintainable software solutions are just the face responsibilities of back-end developers. These professionals are also required to collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to develop a system that aligns with the project’s requirements, scope, and implementation.
- In custom web app development, back-end developers are responsible for creating the structure and architecture of the application. They’re responsible for building your web app’s functionality.
- Back-end developers are also responsible for security. They look for weaknesses and flaws and make sure your apps data is safe from outside intruders. They are also responsible for setting up security protocols, preventing cyber attacks, and monitoring the database for errors.
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications – Debugging is important because it allows developers to spot and fix bugs before releasing the software to end users. When left untended, bugs can wreak havoc on your application and its users.
- Back-end developers are also responsible for creating APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) that allow external systems to connect and interact with your database. All the features must work seamlessly and error-free with one another to ensure that users are satisfied with the program features.
Finally, back-end developers also work with other engineers to make sure your project’s functionality is scalable. They’ll be an integral part of writing the code that supports your project as it grows.
How To Hire A Dedicated Backend Engineer Team: A Step-by-Step Guide
Dedicated engineers are usually hired to work on one particular feature or product. If you’re looking to hire back end development team with all the skills required for a particular role, we’ve outlined the guiding steps on how to find a backend development team suited to your needs:
Start simple with these first question: “What projects have you worked on in the past?” Ideally, you want to find an experienced team that will commit to working with your company for the foreseeable future.
1. How to Find Back End Development Team
Start by searching online for backend developers by typing “hire backend developers.” If you’re unsatisfied with the result, you can use platforms like Upwork, Freelancer, etc., to find dedicated backend development teams per project requirements. These platforms are tailored for users to find specific types of developers easily. You can also check their reviews, case studies, and rating to consider their customer satisfaction rate.
Do you know what’s even better? Hiring a company with an already established team to handle your project. Use platforms that provide information about business in an industry. An example is Goodfirms or Clutch. They offer ratings, reviews, and detailed comments about companies in the IT industry.
LinkedIn is also another great place to find some professional backend developers. LinkedIn is a networking site for professionals. Many industry leaders from all walks of life dwell on the platform.
2. Choose the Best Fit Dedicated Team
It’s time to choose the best fit team. This will depend on your specific needs, but there are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Core competencies – What are the developer’s core competencies? Are they able to get the job done?
- Specialties – What are the developers’ specialties? Are they able to handle your specific project?
- Personality – Can you work with this them in the long haul? What sort of personalities does the team have?
- Availability – Are they available when you need them? Or, more importantly, are they able to meet your project deadlines?
- Cost – What is the engineers’ cost? What is their rate? Are they able to fit your budget?
3. Formalize your Agreement
The last step before hiring your engineers is to ensure that you’re all on the same page. To do this, create an agreement with your developers with the following components:
- Payment terms – How will you be paying your developers? Are you paying them the project, hourly, or a combination of both? How often will you be paying them?
- Scope of work – What exactly are you hiring your developers to do?
- Delivery date – When will you want your project to be completed? What are the milestones?
- Ownership – Who owns what? Are you hiring your developers for hourly payment or a fixed price? What are the terms?
Finalize your agreement and establish solid grounds for your interaction.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Dedicated Backend Development Team?
The cost of hiring a backend development team depends on several factors. Among those factors is the location of the development team. If a company or a developer is charging you a very low price, then chances are the service will not be of high quality. The same goes if a team is charging you an exorbitant amount of money. Always remember that you get what you pay for. Don’t hire a ridiculously cheap developer and expect them to do an amazing job; the results are almost always unsatisfying.
Hiring In-House Vs. Outsourcing To A Dedicated Team
Cost, resources, skills, and expertise are the major factors to consider when deciding whether to hire an in-house team or outsource. On many grounds, an in-house team is more expensive than outsourcing because you need to engage the hiring staff, purchase more equipment and software, and pay for health and insurance benefits.
Outsourcing is a growing trend since it’s cheaper than in-house development. Additionally, outsourced teams provide more specialized skills and expertise in your project. They respond quickly to changes and provide more flexibility in terms of cost and work hours.
Why Hire Broscorp Dedicated Back-end Development Team?
Looking to hire dedicated backend developers from a custom software development company that can turn your ideas into scalable products? Look no further than Broscorp!
With 5 years in software development and consulting, we’re confident that our highly-qualified back-end developers will help you create comprehensive software products that will help your business grow. We invest in researching our client’s industry, spot trends, and create comprehensive projects that solve business challenges.
So why wait? Hire a self-managed backend team of developers with the right skill set in a reasonable time! Tell us about your project!
Back-end developers are responsible for creating all the data models and all the essential architecture that make an application work. For that, you’ll need the best hands on deck to complete your project promptly and efficiently.
Talk to an Expert
We’re open to discussing your ideas and questions. Leave us your email and we will contact you to arrange an initial conversation.